DATE ISSUED: August 29, 2018
EVENT: Call for Applications; Nunavut Wildlife Management Board, Qikiqtaaluk Corporation (QC), Kakivak Grants and Loans Appeals Committee, Nunavut Planning Commission (NPC), Inuit Heritage Trust (IHT)
The Qikiqtani Inuit Association (QIA) is looking for energetic and dynamic individuals to fill the following committee positions. To be considered, candidates must be actively and personally committed to represent the interest of Qikiqtani Inuit and have a sound understanding of the Nunavut Agreement as it relates to the roles and mandates of the position.
- Nunavut Wildlife Management Board (4-year term)
- Under Article 5 of the Nunavut Agreement, NWMB’s mission is to conserve wildlife and wildlife habitat for the long-term benefit of all Nunavut residents while fully respecting Inuit harvesting rights and priorities. For more information, visit nwmb.com or contact QIA.
- Qikiqtaaluk Corporation (QC) (3-year term)
- QC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of QIA. QC is a for-profit development corporation whose purpose is to provide employment and financial opportunities for Inuit in the region.
- Kakivak Grants and Loans Appeals Committee (3-year term)
- This committee meets as needed to review appeal(s) of rejected funding applications that are made to Kakivak Association’s various programs and services. Applicants cannot be employees of Kakivak, QIA, or any of the associations or corporations controlled by QIA.
- Nunavut Planning Commission (NPC) (3-year term)
- Under Article 11 of the Nunavut Agreement, NPC is responsible for the development, implementation, and monitoring of land use plans that guide and direct resource use and development in the Nunavut Settlement Area. For more information, visit nunavut.ca or contact QIA.
- Inuit Heritage Trust (IHT) (3-year term)
- The Inuit Heritage Trust is dedicated to the preservation, enrichment and protection of Inuit cultural heritage and identity embodied in Nunavut’s archaeology sites, ethnographic resources and traditional place names. For more information, visit ihti.ca or contact QIA.
QIA wishes to ensure complete Inuit participation in the implementation of the Nunavut Agreement. As such, QIA has implemented an open and accountable process for considering qualified candidates. Please note that a criminal records check may be required for appointments/nominations.
Please submit a detailed resume and cover letter, in Inuktitut or English, stating which position you are applying for, and demonstrating your skills and experience to:
Qikiqtani Inuit Association
P.O. Box 1340
Iqaluit, Nunavut X0A 0H0
Ph: (867) 975-8400
Fax: (867) 979-3238
Toll Free: 1-800-667-2742
For more information about these specific opportunities, please contact QIA or the CLO in your community.
The deadline for applications is September 14, 2018 at 5:00 PM EDT.
For media inquiries, please contact:
Sima Sahar Zerehi, Director of Communications, Qikiqtani Inuit Association