Guardian Crew Lead
Arctic Bay, Nunavut
The Guardian Crew Lead provides leadership and direction to the members of the Guardian Crew in Arctic Bay. The Guardian Crew Lead supervises the Guardian Crew and takes the lead in planning and coordinating all program activities. This person will also assist in coordinating youth engagement activities and managing the equipment.
This is a leadership position that requires flexibility as this will be a new and evolving program. Strong leadership skills, land skills, communication skills and demonstrated ability to work as part of a team will be key abilities.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Demonstrated skills dealing with adverse weather conditions
- Strong skills using land equipment including snow machines and boats
- Skills in map reading, navigation and safe handling of firearms
- Knowledge of land and waters surrounding Arctic Bay and surrounding areas
- Knowledge of environmental research, monitoring and conservation issues
- Experience working with elders and youth
Preference will be given to Inuit enrolled with Nunavut Tunngavik Inc. in the Qikiqtani Region. Applicants are expected to include three references. The successful candidate will be an employee of the Qikiqtani Inuit Association working flexible hours that suit land-based activities occurring throughout the year. The position will be from summer 2018 to March 2019.
During the week of July 31-August 4, QIA representatives will be in Arctic Bay to recruit applicants for this Guardian Pilot Program.
Applications can be delivered by fax, email, in person, or mail to:
David McAdams Tel: (867) 975-8400
Qikiqtani Inuit Association Fax: (867) 979-3238
Igluvut building, 2nd floor
P.O. Box 1340 Email: Resumes@qia.ca
Iqaluit, NU X0A 0H0
CLOSING DATE: July 31, 2018 5:00pm EST