Community Liaison Officer Coordinator
The Community Liaison Officer Coordinator position exists within the Department of Executive Management. The position will have direct responsibility for managing thirteen (13) Community Liaison Officers in each community of the Qikiqtani region. The Community Liaison Officer Coordinator serves as a principal point of contact for QIA, Nunavut Tunngavik Incorporated and Kakivak Association in community based communication, information sharing, program delivery, program administration, staff supervision and training.
The CLO Coordinator is a central community outreach function for QIA. In order to fulfill this important role it is necessary for the incumbent to actively and intentionally engage with community members (Inuit of the Qikiqtani) and community-based organizations such as local Hunters and Trappers Organizations and municipal / hamlet councils or governments.
The CLO Coordinator also plays a role in organizing and coordinating Community Lands and Resource Committee (CLARC) meetings, supports the enumeration and registration of Inuit under the Nunavut Agreement, provides oversight and administration of protocols associated with local elections, and delivers administrative support to local QIA Community Directors.
This position requires:
- A post-secondary diploma in a relevant field. A combination of relevant education and experience may also be considered acceptable.
- Fluent in Inuktitut and English.
- Two (2) years of supervisory experience.
- Strong networking and interpersonal skills,
- Demonstrated abilities in human resource management and performance management.
- Highly developed written and verbal communication, presentation skills and proven ability to facilitate and coordinate training.
The following would be considered assets:
- A degree or professional designation is considered an asset.
- Experience in working in/with Nunavut communities, Inuit, Aboriginal associations, federal and/or territorial government agencies.
- Experience in the delivery of community services and community outreach activities in the context of Inuit communities.
Applications can be delivered in person, via email, facsimile or by mail to:
David McAdams Tel: (867) 975-8400
Qikiqtani Inuit Association Fax: (867) 979-3238
Igluvut building, 2nd floor
P.O. Box 1340 Email: email@example.com
Iqaluit, NU X0A 0H0
CLOSING DATE: OPEN UNTIL FILLED