FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Re.: QIA’s free financial literacy workshops
Date: January 7-26, 2018
Location: Pond Inlet, Igloolik, Clyde River and Pangnirtung
The Qikiqtani Inuit Association (QIA) will be hosting free financial literacy workshops in four Baffin communities. The workshops will take place in Pond Inlet, Igloolik, Clyde River and Pangnirtung throughout January.
Two workshops are available in each community and everyone is welcome to attend.
Workshop 1 will focus on:
- Accessing financial services in the community
- Reviewing bank statements
- Earning income and accessing social benefits
- Taxation and dealing with Credit Bureaus
- Managing your finances and understanding what money is
- Money as mere numbers
Workshop 2 will focus on:
Decision Making on:
- How to spend and borrow money wisely
- How to save and invest money smartly
- Money as a source of happiness and frustration
Each workshop will be delivered at several times to offer more flexibility for participants.
Workshop schedule (location/time(s) will be announced locally):
- Pond Inlet – January 7-9
- Igloolik – January 10-12
- Clyde River – January 26-28
- Pangnirtung – January 24-26
To take part in the workshops please register with your local QIA community liaison officer.
List of CLO contacts:
|Pond Inlet CLO
|Clyde River CLO
The workshops are being funded through the Government of Nunavut’s Mine Training Roundtable.
For more information, please contact:
Sima Sahar Zerehi, Director of Communications
Qikiqtani Inuit Association
(867) 975.8413, 1.800.667.2742