The Qikiqtani Inuit Association (QIA) is looking for energetic and dynamic individuals to fill the following board positions. To be considered, candidate must be actively and personally committed to represent the interest of Inuit of the Qikiqtani Region and have a sound understanding of the Nunavut Agreement as it relates to the roles and mandates of the position.
- (1) Kakivak Association Board Member (3-year term)
- (2) Qikiqtaaluk Corporation Board Member (3 –year term)
- (1) Joint Parks Management Committee – Quttiniqpaaq (4-year term)
- (1) Joint Parks Management Committee – Sirmilik (4-year term)
- (1) Joint Parks Management Committee – Qausuittuq (4-year term)
- (3) Joint Parks Management Committee – Katannilik (4-year term)
- (3) Joint Parks Management Committee – Sylvia Grinnell/Qaumaarviit (4-year term)
- (1) Qikiqtani Inuit Association Social & Cultural Committee – Elder’s Representative (2-year term)
- (2) Qikiqtani Inuit Association Co-Management Committee – Grise Fiord (3-year term)
- (3) Qikiqtani Inuit Association Co-Management Committee – Resolute Bay (3-year term)
QIA wishes to ensure complete Inuit participation in the implementation of the Nunavut Agreement. As such, QIA has implemented an open and accountable process for considering qualified candidates. Please note that a criminal records check may be required for appointments/nominations.
Please submit a detailed resume, in Inuktitut and English, demonstrating your skills and experience to:
Qikiqtani Inuit Association
P.O. Box 1340
Iqaluit, Nunavut X0A 0H0
Phone: (867) 975-8400
Fax: (867) 979-3238
Toll Free: 1-800-667-2742
The deadline for applications is: September 22, 2017 at 5:00 PM EST.